Slow down. Two little words with so much wisdom packed inside. I am truly a time urgent person. Go, go , go...get as much done in as little time as possible and rush while you do it. You might get lucky and have 10 extra minutes to do something else. I can't just sit and eat a snack...I have to read or something at the same time to occupy my mind. It goes 100 miles per hour and a break in thinking might cause a traffic jam or something. Slow moving people just about send me over the edge. Don't they realize what has to be done??!!

I crash at about 8:30 or 9:00 pm... mind, body and soul. I can't think or move well and everything seems 100 times worse than they really are. I have learned to just go to sleep and stop thinking. Mom was right again, things ALWAYS look better in the morning...and that starts at about 6:00am, for me.

I have to make a very direct effort to SLOW DOWN...everything from my walking pace, to cleaning the kitchen counter to breathing. I make sure not to overbook our weekly schedule, make myself spend time outside everyday (preferably not yard cleaning) and hiding in my room for a few words of thankful prayer to God in the middle of 'rush hour'. Country living is good for slowing me down too. Just the scenery and the peace helps. Living 30 minutes away from town helps keep me home more and that is a GOOD THING. No running here and there all day long. I wish more moms could be home more. She makes home a blessed place to be, and there is no greater reward than providing that for children and a hard working man.

Stop and smell the roses...and the fresh baked bread. Sit and watch your kids playing 'make believe'. Turn on your favorite song...loud...and dance. Breathe deeply and while you exhale...say "Thank you Jesus".

Comments