Openmindedness. If it is even a word, it's a loaded one. The only thing that is intolerable today, is intolerance. Does it mean that to be open minded you have to accept any new idea, or just that you have to be willing to listen to it? And if I have to be willing to listen to it, do I then still have freedom to think and say that I disagree or that it is (forgive my political incorrectness) WRONG? Oh wait...I forgot, there is no such thing as right and wrong nowadays. Everyone has their own truth, their own value system and we are ALL RIGHT. Not only that, but we can live together in harmony with these different worldviews. Is this Earth or Neverland? God is being replaced...even by "Christians". The will and desire of man is quickly becoming the priority and God's beautiful, fair, and healthy precepts are pushed aside in the name of "freedom". "I AM THAT I AM" God said to Moses and He says to us. No matter how hard we try to change the truths of God...change what is right and wrong, He is the same today, yesterday and forever. I have found freedom in THAT, not in being the master of my own destiny.

Matthew 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it."

I guess we'll be called narrowminded because we are following Christ throught the narrow gate. I can live with that. My heart breaks for people who call themselves Christians but have found the broad, openminded lifestyle more satisfying than walking with Jesus. This doesn't mean we don't listen to other points of view, it just means that when all is said and done, Jesus opinion is the one that we embrace, promote and live. Pray and speak the truth in love. Continue the narrow journey with joy, and never stop praying for the Broadroaders.


Comments