Something Amazing...I Guess



I love Wednesday night prayer meeting. I love the mid-week fellowship, the casual nature of it and the sound of the soft voices sincerely entreating the same God...together. Sometimes tears. Sometimes laughter. Sometimes nothing but hope. Many of the prayers are years old awaiting a miracle. Many are new and swiftly answered. 

My impatience and passion is being tamed. Waiting is very hard. I'm not even sure always what I am waiting for. The future is wide open and totally out of my control. Sometimes I pray for anything. Any one of the prayers to be answered...just so I can adjust my position and get feeling back in my soul. Sitting still for too long makes things fall asleep. Things need to be shaken and moved. The pins and needles aren't unbearable, but they are very annoying and uncomfortable. 

In the meantime, I am supposed to serve, worship and live life. I know that. I'm just not very good at it. Thankfulness is critical in these fidgety moments. Learning to be thankful for quiet, static, slow-cooker times of life. God is always good. 



 

Comments