The Passion of Red

Not that I would ever wear shoes with heels as high as the ones in my blog picture. I swore off these death traps when I almost fell, dropping my newborn baby on concrete...it was one of those, "What am I thinking?" moments. I still look longingly at beautiful, high heeled shoes at times, but I prefer to look at them than to wear them. My happy feet and back smile as I enjoy glances at the adorned feet and awkward gates of women still true to fashion.

I love shoe stores. I love trying them on with my little girl in Valu Village, but I seldom buy anything but Birks, Clarkes, Earth Shoes, New Balance or Dr Sholls. My shoe closet's pallet contains shades of brown and black...with the exception of one pair of dark RED...for those crazy days when I need to feel a bit extreme. Red is a passionate color and so, I'd be lying if I never showed that side of my personality in my wardrobe. Once in awhile, I have to let off some energy. I have to express the excitement, the joy and sometimes the concerns that build up in my little, curly head. This blog kind of does that...it is my red shoes...my moment of expression.

Red is also:

...the color of the blood that flowed
Down the face of Someone Who loved us so...

Petra

.


Comments