Johnny Fever and Dill Pickle Chips


Breaks are for a bit of indulgence and taking part in the extraordinary. There are things I enjoy, but could never allow to be a regular part of my life because of their unhealthiness or lack of priority. They aren't "wrong" or irresponsible, but some are simply a treat for now and again. So, when they present themselves, I graciously accept the opportunity to ENJOY.

Things I did on Christmas break that I don't normally do:

-let kids sleep in (more quiet time)
-cleaned, sorted and rearranged stuff in the house
-listened to those daytime lady shows about fashion, makeup and exercise while I clean...they're funny and I like how they sound.
-went for spontaneous walks in the woods
-ate leftovers for meals and chips instead of popcorn
-visited friends in the middle of the day
-trips to town in the morning, when I'm not tired and rushed
-sat and stared at the tree lights with music and coffee
-made a display of gifts under the tree (but people wreck it...to use their stuff)
-let our big stinky dog in the house more, to be with us.
-watched episodes of WKRP in Cincinnati in the middle of the afternoon.
-painted in the afternoon
-made a gingerbread nativity scene with the youngest kids

Notice, there is no mention of hockey nor afternoon naps. I guess the rinks are closed for the holidays and I haven't worked hard enough to require extra sleep. I can live with that. One more party to go, then the regular routine is reinstated. I like the regular, but a week or two of tossing the schedule and the "regular" is very good for the soul.

Besides the usual determination to keep fit and be rid of bad habits, I really don't have any New Year's goals or changes to implement...I like my life how it is. Whatever 2012 brings, whether triumph or disaster, I will attempt to "treat these two imposters just the same". My God goes before me, after me, and with me, making good of everything that happens.

May you and I have a very blessed and God honoring New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments