Just Justin


The morning after the 2015 Canadian federal election.
I am not going to rant.

I decided this morning that I'd better get to know my new PM, Justin Trudeau, on a more personal level, and so started a little research on who he and his family are. Upon googling his wife Sophie and being blocked by NetNanny for "nudity", initial frustration set in.  I need to get a grip. I need to be helpful and hopeful.

Although every fiber of my being does not want to do this...I will.

I will support my new Prime Minister in ways I can.

I will respect him and his position.

 I will not hate the color red.

I will put away my fear for our future.

I will put away frustration with Christian blindness and apathy, voter ignorance and media deception.

I will remember that he is just a man in a God-given position.

He needs me.

He needs me to respect and pray for him. He is just a man with a wife and three sweet children. Even though I will never support his beliefs, platform, nor his vision for our Canada, and may have to speak and stand against these ideas, I have an obligation to see him and his party as Christ does. He created them, died for them and gave them this power. I am powerless, but serve an omnipotent God, who hears my prayers for my country, its unborn, its God-fearers, its responsible, humble and its selfless. Being frustrated, afraid and angry won't help anyone.

Sometimes things need to get worse before they get better.

If you are experiencing the same political hangover I am, remember:

He is just a man,
But God can change him,
if he wants to,
I guess.

(to the tune of the Red Green motto..and a little more confidence)

  GOD is in control.

Deal with the hangover...
My cold shower:

 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

My strong coffee:

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21






Comments