Love Bigger than Betelgeuse


I know the worst way to start your morning. Looking for your missing child.

I woke up at 6:00 am (my usual time) and peeked in on my sweet little princess before heading for my coffee and quiet time. The fact that she wasn't in her bed was a bit odd, since I already knew she wasn't with us in ours, and there is no reason under Heaven why she would wander all the way downstairs in the middle of the night to cuddle with her three stinky, non-maternal brothers. Our room is right beside hers...she visits more than often. So, in my perplexity, I checked my room again...no princess. Checked downstairs with the boys...no princess. Checked the couches...the tub...closets, under beds...no princess. Heart is racing a bit now...clenching my stomach. Horrifying news stories flash in front of my mind. Logic pushes them away as I recheck for the third time, every place imaginable. Time to wake up Dad and start calling her name.
After about 5 minutes of calling, I hear a sweeter sound than Bach, ocean waves and birds singing...a groggy, faint, toxic breathed princess, coming from the bottom end of the already filled brothers' bed, under the covers.

Sometimes a little virtual peek into someone else's reality, can make you very thankful. Just 10 minutes of your absolute worst nightmare is enough to make you sick...literally. At about 9:30 that morning, I suffered severe nausea and stomach pain for about 2 hours...then it was gone. The unproven but suspicious cause of my illness, was enough to make me a very thankful mom. My kids got away with "bloody murder" that day. They are such beautiful, brilliant, gracious bundles of joy!!

This morning, they are a little less inspiring. Tomorrow they will be a little less than that...and so goes the degenerate human mind. If evolution were fact, this lesson would have been learned and branded on my soul in order to survive as one of the fittest. God's grace and transforming power is fact though, therefore I press on in victory, knowing that He is the teacher and I am his student. He protects, provides and keeps me, even when I don't feel like learning.

Life's happenings are largely out of our control. Knowing that there is one bigger than Betelgeuse (Google that one), more caring than Mother Theresa and wiser than Solomon, makes life worth living.

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone."

I'm going to start locking doors at night now too. The blond haired, blue eyed "night creeper" WILL be kept INSIDE my fortress!



Comments