Hold Tight




Every experience teaches us things. Sometimes about others and sometimes about yourself. I didn't realize how much of a hugger I am, until this quarantine thing happened. When I occasionally see someone I know, these days, we stop for a distant moment or two and update each other on life.  We end, say goodbye, then I catch myself lurching forward for a hug, only to be restrained by the unsure, imposed precautions of social distancing. I say unsure, because I'm still skeptical about the necessity of some of the measures that have been put in place for all of us. I'm compliant and like being careful, but have never been one to jump on media bandwagons and always question "experts" on the validity of their "facts". My degree in  Research Methods has ruined me, as far as scientific evidence goes. Often, the more you know, the less you know. And the use of mass hysteria for self seeking reasons is nothing new. But I digress...

Back to my hugging withdrawl...

My constant, lurching forward feels so awkward and cold. I guess I am far more affectionate than I thought! It's a good thing I am living with three other people and a dog through this! And that makes me think of those who live alone. Although they may be used to living alone, they are not used to going out freely, spending time with loved ones and finding that human touch they were designed to have. It might be fine for a short while, but as time goes on, it gets much harder. My heart goes out to singles, living alone right now, with the love language of touch...especially the huggers! 

Restraint is required for the time being. Whether we truly need to or not, we do need to respect and obey our authorities....until their demands clearly crosses one of God's Biblical lines, we should comply. Perseverance and patience are the names of this game. Hold tight. Think positive. Stay focused on the Light at the end of this tunnel. You will surely have to exercise these good character qualities again and again, long after we are "set free", so it will have frown us.

There will one major Hug Fest going on after the doors swing open!! And apparently, I will be there. Arms wide open ❤

8x10x1.5 gallery wrapped canvas....."Hold Tight"

Comments